Craig Rennolds Surveyors – a RICS Regulated Company serving Bristol, South Devon and surrounding areas
Before purchasing a property, you’ll want to feel confident that you are purchasing the most suitable property at the right price. Buying any property can be a daunting prospect but having knowledge of any defects and potential costs are absolutely essential when it comes to making an informed purchasing decision and negotiating the price. Getting a professional, in-depth survey and/or valuation for a property will provide you with evidence to support your buying decisions.
We provide a bespoke service to clients buying and renovating property. Our practice deals with every aspect of building surveying through our multi-disciplinary surveying and design team. Our services include the following:
- The Building Survey -the most detailed survey, known previously as a Structural Survey. This type of survey details the type and method of construction both externally and internally. Identified defects and methods of repair and potential costs. Through many years of dealing with period and listed buildings we can provide a bespoke survey suited to the special requirements of listed buildings and methods of repair.
- RICS Homebuyer Survey and Valuation – A mid- range survey concerning with identifying major defects with both a valuation and BCIS re-instatement costs for insurance re-building requirements.
- RICS Homebuyer Survey – A mid-range survey without the valuation and insurance assessment.
- Damp Reports – for any purpose. This involves highlighting the defects in a property from damp ingress and the solutions to rectify these defects depending on the type of property, whether a period or modern property.
- Commercial Low-rise Building Surveys: In surveying terms there are two main property sectors – residential and commercial. Residential buildings are owned and occupied by private individual. By contrast, commercial property assets/buildings mainly operate as businesses. Commercial properties fall into six categories:
- Retail – shops, shopping centres.
- Offices – large office blocks, mixed use.
- Industrial – garages, manufacturing, logistics, storage.
- Leisure – hotels, sports centres.
- Public sector, schools, healthcare, education etc.
- Property Valuations: Valuations are provided for:
- Tax Purposes – We provide valuations for private, corporate and third-party clients such as accounts about tax liabilities including Capital Gains Tax purposes. The Inland Revenue may also require a professional tax valuation to be supplied in writing to work out stamp duty.
- Independent portfolio valuations for matrimonial purposes – The valuation will assist the parties and the court to determine the division of assets
- Probate valuations – For calculating inheritance tax, a probate valuation may be required. This should be conducted by a qualified valuer to comply with the requirements of the Inland Revenue.
- Capital gains tax valuations – A professional report is recommended to deal with the complexity of what is required for tax purposes.